sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 21, 2020 8:09 am  #31

Re: Oakley Show

I've made it as far as Huntsville without being stopped at a checkpoint.

Oakley said after tomorrow, he's heading to the hinterland 

Last edited by grilled.cheese (July 21, 2020 8:10 am)

July 21, 2020 6:40 pm  #32

Supriya Dwivedi has been uncharacteristically quiet on Twitter the last few days however early this evening (Tuesday) she tweeted "I do not recommend driving Toronto to Montreal and back again within 36 hours with a 14 month old."

Lots of possibilities as to why John Oakley has been on the air bright and early at 5:30am. It's been good to hear him. We'll probably find out what's up before much longer.

It's a pity 640 doesn't have at least one up and coming talented newbie who could tackle the morning show and charm, inform and entertain the listeners. Isn't that planning part of a program director's job ?

Hope everyone is having an okay summer and is staying safe. Radio has really been a lifesaver these past months.
🖖😌🙃😄

Last edited by betaylored (July 23, 2020 4:09 am)

July 21, 2020 8:09 pm  #33

Just saw on Facebook - it looks like Mike is in the hospital.

July 21, 2020 8:21 pm  #34

I hope that isn't true, but if it is, it could well explain something serious enough to justify cancelling or delaying Oakley's vacation. More to come I'm sure.

Cam you post the Facebook page address where you saw this?

July 21, 2020 8:26 pm  #35

From Mike himself. I hope it's a weird joke.

https://www.facebook.com/mike.stafford.507

July 21, 2020 8:28 pm  #36

When I go there, it says "no posts available." Not sure why. But thanks for the address. Worth keeping an eye on. 

July 22, 2020 4:43 am  #37

I can't see the Facebook post either (maybe you have to be part of his group or "friend"ed), but there's a Twitter thread here including picture - apparently Mike Stafford broke his neck after falling off a ladder while painting?