sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 5, 2020 6:02 am  #1

Listening to 1010 this a.m. at 5:48 just after reroll of Barb "Stay tuned for 6:00 news" The news intro jingle plays from that time until 5:54 then 6 minutes of ads. Finally at 6:00 news starts. I guess someone jumped the gun.

Although the time stamp on post is 5:02 it was postes at 6:02.

Last edited by Calhame (July 5, 2020 6:12 am)

July 5, 2020 7:38 am  #2

Re: 1010

I woke up early Sunday and heard that entire segment. It sounds like whatever was supposed to be there didn't fire and the program is designed to play anything to fill dead air. I also heard their traffic stinger in its entirety, followed by the weather intro and then onto all those spots - including one that aired twice! But hey, at least those Lowe's commercials weren't among them.

This is what happens when you leave things on autopilot, although I have to admit it works most of the time. It's when it doesn't that you really notice.

Another consequence of all these remotes and people broadcasting from home - there's not a lot of back-up. Frequent SOWNY contributor Jody Thornton was supposed to do morning traffic on RB Sunday, but a power outage in his Richmond Hill neighbourhood kept him off the air and forced someone else to take his place. How would you like to have gotten that phone call early on a Sunday morning?

It's certainly been a strange time in broadcasting this year.

As for the time issue you mentioned, this is an ongoing problem that comes up twice a year when we adjust the clocks and is a flaw in the way Boardhost works. But there's an easy fix. Check out this post to see how to correct it.

https://gta.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=4095