sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 11, 2020 5:48 pm  #1

May they find you handy, and find Red Green doing a Podcast-June 28th

The Possum Lodge is set to be back on the air, well kind of. As of June 28th as Red Green launches a podcast, so as your isolating at home, and the if the wife doesn't find you handsome then may she find you handy!

Here is more on this fun news...

http://exclaim.ca/comedy/article/red_green_is_launching_a_possum_lodge_podcast?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+NewsExclaimca+%28%21Exclaim.ca+-+News+%29

Last edited by Muffaraw Joe (June 11, 2020 8:22 pm)

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

June 11, 2020 11:50 pm  #2

Re: May they find you handy, and find Red Green doing a Podcast-June 28th

grilled.cheese wrote:

I remember Smith and Smith broadcast from CHCH in the early 80's.  

Me too and I liked the show,

CHCH in that era invested in original productions.

June 12, 2020 1:34 am  #3

i'm friends with a couple of people who had prominent roles on that show (one of them also co-created the show with steve smith). in my opinion the red green show was a hit while smith & smith was... well, it helped stations fill some can-con time.

June 12, 2020 8:04 am  #4

Interesting to note that during the 15 year run of The Red Green Show, it was nominated for a Gemini Award 23 times but only won once in 1998.

Steve Smith was good at stand up comedy. Saw him at Just for Laughs years ago and the crowd loved him.

Smith & Smith wasn't that bad. It definitely had it's funny moments. Ran on CHCH for six years, so somebody was watching it. Smith & Smith hit an older demographic with PG friendly humour.  Red Green was originally a CHCH production eventually moving over to CBC.  I always thought CHCH was such a good station back in the 70's and into the 90's with ambitious and honest effort productions for an independent station.