sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 9, 2020 8:57 pm  #1

Colette Watson is leaving Rogers, Julie Adam steps in and up

Some upper manglement moves (yes I said manglement) at Rogers Radio, Colette Watson is vacating her post after 30 years and Julie Adam is taking over...not a bad climb for Adam, who is compassionate, yet relentless, one thing for sure is there are not a lot of on-air personnel changes at Rogers Radio in Toronto.

Here is more on the story.

https://roge.rs/2Uv1sxr

Last edited by Muffaraw Joe (June 9, 2020 8:58 pm)

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

June 9, 2020 9:37 pm  #2

Re: Colette Watson is leaving Rogers, Julie Adam steps in and up

Muffaraw Joe wrote:

not a bad climb for Adam, who is compassionate, yet relentless

You nailed it. Good for her.

June 10, 2020 1:05 am  #3

Firing the number one morning show host then getting killed by that host in the ratings for a year before bringing her back with a huge pay increase will be what I remember.  That, and taking a successful CHR, turning it into rhythmic CHR that no one wanted, then flipping it to the unsuccessful Jack format for years before moving it back to CHR after that hole had already been filled will be the other.  That is astoundingly poor judgement.  

June 10, 2020 8:47 am  #4

Prod Guy wrote:

Firing the number one morning show host then getting killed by that host in the ratings for a year before bringing her back with a huge pay increase will be what I remember.  That, and taking a successful CHR, turning it into rhythmic CHR that no one wanted, then flipping it to the unsuccessful Jack format for years before moving it back to CHR after that hole had already been filled will be the other.  That is astoundingly poor judgement.  

This is correct...if any manager in any other sector did the equivalent their career would have stopped cold right there...this is Rogers promoting from within cause it's easier (and likely cheaper) for them...the devil you know...