sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 5, 2020 10:51 am  #1

TSN's Kayla Gray and Masai Ujiri talk about race, hope & resiliency

Tonight at 7:30 TSN is hosting a special 90 conversation on racism, sport, hope, empowerment and resiliency.

This should be a good discussion to watch. 

Here is more on what's in store...it should be worth tuning in tonight!

https://www.bellmedia.ca/the-lede/press/kayla-grey-and-masai-ujiri-co-host-walking-with-giants-empowered-by-sport-tomorrow-on-tsn/

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

June 6, 2020 5:05 pm  #2

Re: TSN's Kayla Gray and Masai Ujiri talk about race, hope & resiliency

I watched most of these programs last night. I really enjoy when sports networks like TSN get out of their sports comfort zone and into broader social areas. Walking With Giants: Empowered by Sport and the award winning Giants of Africa were both excellent. 

Sports networks like TSN, ESPN and Sportsnet have a different take and feel when covering stories that are more than just sports. Issues like racism and social causes are often presented another way by sports broadcasters and I find it very interesting.

Often sports documentaries and commentary seems to have more purpose, honesty, maturity and at times less reactionary than what  we see with many news personalities and coverage.  Both programs last night had a strong thread of hope, sincerity and egalitarianism  which was very appealing and heartwarming.

Good on TSN's involvement with these timely programs and I hope they will be repeated again soon. Also loved the sports themed promos for Bringing Toronto Back to It's Feet, inspirational and well done.