sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 18, 2020 4:55 pm  #1

Would You Download This Fake Radio Station App Hosted By An A.I. DJ?

I thought a lot of people who aren't crazy about radio feel that way because they hate the ads, don't like the music and seem intolerant of announcers. So what then to make of a new app called "Rad" that essentially tries to recreate radio using only the songs you like but providing commentary between tunes using an A.I. DJ? I get the idea of using your own Spotify list to hear just stuff you like, but that electronic announcer as heard in the promo video below? 

I'd frankly rather have the real thing than this.

From the music:ally site. 

“Rad’s not just a DJ, he’s a news anchor, weather man, traffic reporter and music expert. Throughout the day you’ll learn about the backstories of artists, whether today today is a shorts and t-shirt or umbrella kinda day, how much traffic you can expect on your commute and hear the local news stories as they happen.”

In other words, radio. So why bother?

The lesson: ready or not, here comes something else to replace us all!

May 18, 2020 5:03 pm  #2

Re: Would You Download This Fake Radio Station App Hosted By An A.I. DJ?

"Don't praise the machine."

JK. This would easily beat Oakley in a blind test. Fear for your livelihoods, lower-tier mouthpieces.

May 18, 2020 5:44 pm  #3

I wonder what Joey A.I. would think of this. Those completely impenetrable spots are running again. I still have no idea what they're trying to sell. 

May 18, 2020 6:16 pm  #4

It's like John Borders back from the dead ...lol 

Cheers,
Jody Thornton

May 18, 2020 6:46 pm  #5

Joey is a euphemism for a freshly newly filled adult diaper. The "AI" is a signifier of how much corn is present.