sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 30, 2020 8:55 pm  #1

Curious About Quibi? Now You Can See Free Previews On YouTube

In case you missed hearing about it, Quibi is a new video streaming service aimed at a younger demo. The secret sauce: it's made to be watched on a small cell phone screen and each episode of its series is less than 10 minutes in length. There are a lot of big names and stars behind the idea, which isn't exactly off to a flying start. 

That may be why, just weeks after its initial launch, they've decided to offer some free previews of several shows on YouTube. Not sure how long these samples are going to be up there, but if you're curious what this looks like, you can see what's on offer here. (If you're watching on a PC or a laptop, make sure you choose landscape mode to view it.)

Quibi Posts Select Episodes Free On YouTube

April 30, 2020 9:15 pm  #2

Re: Curious About Quibi? Now You Can See Free Previews On YouTube

Well, I just watched the three series previews on display ("The Stranger," "The Most Dangerous Game," and "Dummy") and there's about 15-20 minutes of my life I'll never get back. I can't believe they've attracted such big names to this idea. "Dummy" was particularly awful. Perhaps that's the perfect title for anyone who forks out money for this thing. 

Just my two cents (which is about what it's worth.) You may love what you see. Clearly, I'm in the wrong demo.