sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 13, 2020 1:02 pm  #1

Show Prep: Hair Today Hair Tomorrow

Today Peter Shurman commented on the morning show on am640 that his hair was definitely in need of a cut. Over the last week I've heard quite a few radio hosts say they could use one, and are starting to think they may have to tackle the job themselves.

I keep running across show prep type things I would bring to my listeners if I was still on-air to make this "quarentime" we're all living through more bearable/useful.

Like this: https://youtu.be/iaLKHMGbfGg it's top London hairdresser George Northwood showing how to give yourself a decent men's haircut.

Perhaps Peter Shurman and others on the big yellow board might find this useful info to have on hand.

It might also be entertaining content, from their home studio have a radio host cut their hair live on the radio, posting it on Instagram, and the results on Twitter, maybe even work in a haircut challenge charity tie in. I can see John Moore, or Ryan and Jay on Newstalk 1010 having a good time with this. Get listeners to share their own haircut attempts. Or is it too Q Morning Zoo maybe....

Stay safe guys.

April 13, 2020 1:13 pm  #2

Re: Show Prep: Hair Today Hair Tomorrow

This is probably the only time I actually envy bald people!

April 13, 2020 4:11 pm  #3

RadioActive wrote:

ย 

April 13, 2020 5:28 pm  #4

April 13, 2020 8:39 pm  #5

House of Lords isn't dead. It's only slumbering; waiting for the right words to be read by the right person from the cursed Necronomicon.

April 15, 2020 2:26 am  #6

Tickle Trunk wrote:

https://youtu.be/zsan_G7aUi4

That's bloody hilarious Tickle Trunk, dude looks a poor man's version Kit Harrington from Game of Thrones.(now there's an expression from the olden days)

note to self: buy several Leafs and Habs baseball caps to wear and FORGET the idea of DIY hair grooming.๐Ÿงข๐Ÿ’ˆ๐Ÿ˜

April 15, 2020 2:37 am  #7

RadioActive wrote:

I believe follicly challenged is the polite term for this unfortunate condition RA, and I know what you mean. As David Lee Roth once said to a rude interviewer who commented that the famous blonde mane was quickly disappearing "Hair today, gone later today."