sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 28, 2020 2:20 pm  #1

New Bob Dylan Song

Bob released this on March 20, 2020.  It's 17 minutes long and deal with the assassination of John F. Kennedy.  His musical references are classic Dylan.  Takes me back to classic Bob.  It's called Murder Most Foul.  Please enjoy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NbQkyvbw18

Last edited by John D (March 28, 2020 2:21 pm)

March 28, 2020 2:39 pm  #2

Re: New Bob Dylan Song

thanks for posting this, john. i was listening to some newer (from a few years ago) dylan, this morning. you're timing (for me at least) is perfect! 

March 28, 2020 3:46 pm  #3

I heard it earlier this week and there's lots of references in the song  as noted by John above and some are very obscure and Rolling Stone has a summary of about 20 of them including the one below which is obviously not obvious in the best tradition of Dylan:

11. “Play it for Carl Wilson, too/Looking far, far away down Gower Avenue”
Carl Wilson was one of the founding members of the Beach Boys. In 1976, he sang background vocals on the Warren Zevon song “Desperados Under the Eaves,” which contains the line, “Look away down Gower Avenue, look away.” Dylan is a longtime fan of Zevon. In 2002, shortly before Zevon’s death, he played many of his songs in concert.

Last edited by Fitz (March 28, 2020 3:59 pm)

Cool Airchecks and More:
http://www.lettheuniverseanswer.com/

March 28, 2020 10:10 pm  #4

Is it worthy, or is it Van Morrison-of-the-last-40-years/Rolling Stones-of-the-last-30-years avoidable?

Also of note for some, Nine Inch Nails has free-released two albums this week.

March 29, 2020 12:03 am  #5

Chrisphen wrote:

Is it worthy, or is it Van Morrison-of-the-last-40-years/Rolling Stones-of-the-last-30-years avoidable?

Also of note for some, Nine Inch Nails has free-released two albums this week.

I'd missed seeing these releases, both Dylan and Nine Inch Nails are good choices right about now, thanks John D and Chrispen.