sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 17, 2020 11:16 am  #1

There's a new host on Jazz FM...(some good news for a change)

Raina Hersh who used to do traffic reports for CTN, is now hosting from 1-2 on Jazz FM, she's filling in for Heather Bambrick this week too...until tomorrow and is great. Lively and a fresh voice...

It is nice to see this have happen. 

Oh and if you need to do a news fast, which is not a bad idea, to keep you out of fear and worry I find Jazz FM very helpful, they have no news casts from 9 am until 6 pm, which suits me fine these days...

There are also 2 very good shows that are hard not to enjoy even in times like this...one is with Bill and Jesse King, called Soul nation and the other is Gumbo Kitchen with Ronnie Littlejohn...2 excellent shows, both from a music perspective and the hosts are fun and engaging...

So, if you need a respite from the Doom and Gloom of the news and you may find you do...tune it to 91.1 and no, I don't work there...I just am enjoying listening.

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

March 17, 2020 12:29 pm  #2

Re: There's a new host on Jazz FM...(some good news for a change)

I'm in agreement with all that you've written ... and would like to doubly support The Gumbo Kitchen.  Ronnie Littlejohn deserves a national platform.  His loose conversational style - with smart observations and good natured wit - makes listening to him a pleasure.

See for yourself.

https://m.soundcloud.com/jazz-fm91/sets/gumbo-kitchen-with-ronnie