sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 14, 2020 5:36 pm  #1

TSN Radio seems to have surpassed The Fan 590 in the latest ratings

TSN Radio posted and boasted about their rise in the ratings on their website this past week, the morning show and the drive home show have posted solid numbers...maybe it is poised to overtake the Fan once the shutdowns are over...

Here is more on this story and I had to post something other than the "Elephant" in the room...

https://www.bellmedia.ca/the-lede/press/tsn-1050-is-home-to-the-1-morning-and-afternoon-drive-sports-talk-radio-shows/

What station do you go to when you want sports talk

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

March 15, 2020 10:51 am  #2

Re: TSN Radio seems to have surpassed The Fan 590 in the latest ratings

Much of the Rogers Sportsnet lineup (TV (especially the hockey TV guys, sad) and Radio) have always been cheezy and over the top for me...and I was as cheezy and over the top as they came when I was in the business...Bell/TSN has more professional talent and presenters...it was only a matter of time...

March 15, 2020 12:38 pm  #3

I don't listen to much sports radio, although when I have it's not bad. In terms of television I tend to prefer TSN over Sportsnet. I agree with Johnny B, TSN has better on air talent overall, and I find the various TSN channels have more varied programming.  Sportsnet often has the same program on most of their channels at the same time. The NHL contract hasn't worked out for them very well so far. Can't imagine Rogers ever getting into another long term 12 year exclusive contract with the NHL. Better to split it up between them, TSN and CBC, sort of like the Olympics.

March 15, 2020 12:58 pm  #4

Wow. I just listened to The Fan's show at noon and they were talking endlessly about whether peanut butter is better than chicken soup and the best way to make eggs. I'm not making this up. And we're only into the first few days of the stoppage.

The topic was  'what's the one item you need if you're stuck at home for two weeks.'

It's going to be a long, long, long sports layoff!

March 15, 2020 4:18 pm  #5

RadioActive wrote:

Wow. I just listened to The Fan's show at noon and they were talking endlessly about whether peanut butter is better than chicken soup and the best way to make eggs. I'm not making this up. And we're only into the first few days of the stoppage.

The topic was 'what's the one item you need if you're stuck at home for two weeks.'

It's going to be a long, long, long sports layoff!

Food 590? Not a bad idea! 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.