sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 19, 2020 10:21 am  #31

Re: New syndicated morning show flows into the 416

There’s a new controversy that could come back to haunt the host of Flow’s recently added morning show. It surrounds the fate of Nick Cannon, who was fired last week by CBS after making some pretty stupid comments about Jews on his podcast.

Chalamagne Tha God, who fronts “The Breakfast Club,” decided to chime in Wednesday with a few equally chosen idiotic words of his own in an attempt to defend his friend.

“Listen, Nick is my guy. I hate it had to be him, but that’s what you can do when you have the power… And if there’s one thing Jewish people have showed us, it’s they have the power. I can’t wait until the day black people are able to fire people for saying things about us that we deem racist.”

The “Jews have all the power” stupidity is one of the oldest anti-Semitic tropes extant and why he would go there is beyond me. So what happens to him and the show now? And what, if anything, will Flow do about it? My guess is not much. But it’s worth noting this guy now has a platform on a Toronto radio station, in a city that's already very sensitive on these issues, and that statement was heard here. I wonder if anyone will complain to the CBSC about it and if there will be any fallout at all?

Frankly, as odious as the sentiments are, even if you believe them, why in God’s name would you openly say that on the radio, especially in these career-destroying times? Proving once again that you don’t have to be a genius to be a success in radio.

Radio co-host: Nick Cannon was fired because ‘Jews have the power’

July 19, 2020 10:59 am  #32

But if one syndicated show shuts down wouldn't that just mean picking up another one?
ie Steve Harvey? (as heard already on WBLK 93.7)

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

July 19, 2020 3:02 pm  #33

Radiowiz wrote:

But if one syndicated show shuts down wouldn't that just mean picking up another one?
ie Steve Harvey? (as heard already on WBLK 93.7)

Hard to say. Most of the syndicated morning shows that have been cancelled here have not been replaced with another, at least not another US offering.  If Flow eventually cancels The Breakfast Club they would be better off to get back to a local show. As radiokid mentioned in a previous post, sound like a Toronto hip hop station rather than trying to be a poor copy of something they aren't.  

July 19, 2020 7:25 pm  #34

Don't forget about WUFO - hip-hop, urban and talk.

July 20, 2020 2:29 pm  #35