sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 25, 2020 1:06 pm  #1

JOE SCHWARCZ weighs in

Schwarcz had a program simultaneously on Toronto's CFRB and Montreal's CJAD back in the S. Kowch era.    After it was cancelled, Schwarcz' name arose from time to time here in the SOWNY forum as an example of quality programming that was sacrificed in favor of mindless infomercials.     The Toronto Star (not exactly Scientific American magazine) has an interesting piece in today's Life section, in which Schwarcz is asked to comment on various so-called miracle supplements from arsenic to garlic to protect us from the coronavirus.   (Hint:  he sez it's all bullshyt)

Interesting stuff (long time since I've posted anything positive about the Toronto Star)

K.   

February 25, 2020 1:57 pm  #2

Re: JOE SCHWARCZ weighs in

I believe this is the article he's referring to.

February 25, 2020 11:01 pm  #3

Re: JOE SCHWARCZ weighs in

Some here may note that a few posts about this article have been deleted.

They involved allegations against the subject of the newspaper article in question, and they're completely unproven and potentially libelous. In the interest of avoiding any legal bills (and really, this isn't a battle worth fighting over) and in an abundance of caution (plus an email from a lawyer friend of mine) I decided to take them out.

I note it here only in case some wonder where they went and because I try to be transparent about the site - and frankly, I'd like it not to be sued out of existence! 

Thanks for your understanding. 

We now return you to your regularly scheduled SOWNY already in progress.