sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 30, 2019 10:37 am  #1

Humble Howard on 820

Spinning the dial in the dark this morning, hunting for 1010, I landed on what I thought might be it at first, when I realised that the voice leading a discussion was not that of John Pole or some other random CFRB guest host, but rather a familiar one, but one I have not heard in a long time: Howard Glassman. I did not realize he was still on the air. I am not sure if it was live radio or a podcast being broadcast.

December 30, 2019 11:07 am  #2

Re: Humble Howard on 820

CHAM has been using the Humble & Fred podcast as their de facto morning show for several years. It eliminates them having to hire anyone to do AM drive, but as far as I know, it's not live. CFRB also runs the best of Humble & Fred on Saturday nights. 

I'm not a big fan of their act, and I can't tell you the number of times I've turned on both stations only to be disappointed that they're on. But they're very popular with some, and the exposure certainly can't hurt them, by getting more people to download their podcasts. 

December 30, 2019 1:07 pm  #3

Humble and Fred are in fact live, Monday-Thursday 7-9am on Funny 820.

December 30, 2019 1:32 pm  #4

Didn't realize they were doing it live. That's interesting. Is that what ends up as their podcast or is it separate somehow? I may not be a fan but I do admire how they've resurrected a career online after their previous radio gigs ended.

December 30, 2019 1:35 pm  #5

BeatleTeunis wrote:

Humble and Fred are in fact live, Monday-Thursday 7-9am on Funny 820.

Not enough live content. 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

December 31, 2019 4:49 pm  #6

They are live 7am-9am and then that gets turned into the podcast.  They will often do a "podcast extra" after the show to create more content that they can then air on Fridays and other times they are off.  I enjoy listening to them - they often have interesting and fun guests.  They operate out of their own storefront studio on the Queensway I believe.

December 31, 2019 5:43 pm  #7

Yes, Humble and Fred are live on 820 from 7am to 9am, Monday to Thursday. They rest on Fridays.

Typically, they'll record a "podcast extra" after 9am and that 2+ hours becomes the podcast. The podcast is online by 10am.

They've been on 820 for over a year now. Prior to that, they were live on SiriusXM for five years.

And yes, their studio is on The Queensway, just east of Islington.