sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 30, 2019 8:22 am  #1

City TV came out with the key news stories for 2019...what were yours?

As we put a bow on 2019 and the decade, what were your top news stories and what do we need to watch out for moving forward?

Mine would be...

1. The divide in Canada, that both Alberta and Quebec want out...this has been going on for years and I am wondering how it might play out and what needs to happen for it to be solved?

2. The minority Government, again, something to watch for as there is an unsettled atmosphere in Ottawa right now. The Conservatives seek true leadership, while the other parties have some influence.

3. The foreign relations with the U.S. and China and how we will cope with Britain's exit from the EU.

4. The environment...little Greta made a statement this year, big time!

5. The new economy, how this constant change is going to play out. I mean our industry has totally changed from what it was at the start of the decade and now with talk of AI news casters...who knows where this media train is going?

So, what are your top 5 news stories to watch for and here below is the link to what City TV is reporting on...enjoy and happy new year to everyone on this board.

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2019/12/28/top-stories-and-trends-that-defined-the-past-decade-in-canada/

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

December 30, 2019 11:29 am  #2

Re: City TV came out with the key news stories for 2019...what were yours?

Here are my stories and events to watch for this year.

1.  Kim Jong Un, what is going on with North Korea and what does he mean by the need to take offensive measures?

2.  US election, who will the Democrats throw in the race against Donald Trump. Will all this hype and billions spent on advertising result in a better voter turnout for the world's most important democracy?

3.  Britain leaving the EU, will it be a crisis for Britain's economy, or will it be like Y2K, a big deal but not about much?

4.  Will Doug Ford and Conservatives continue to become a more moderate and  likeable version of themselves?  Will Andrea Horwath of the NDP step down this year?

5.  It's 2020, so why are millions still starving to death every year. We know the problem, have the knowledge, have the means to end this. All we need is the will to make it happen. Will 2020 be the year that famine starts to become a memory?