sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 19, 2019 10:27 pm  #1

Larry Fedoruk Gone From Bell's CKTB

The Bell Media housecleaning spree has claimed another victim - and this time, it's a familiar voice in these parts. Larry Fedoruk posted the pic below on his Facebook page Tuesday, with a caption that reads simply, "Today Bell Media parted ways with Larry Fedoruk."

This one hurts. I loved Fedoruk's amazing ability to sit and just talk for hours at a time, in many cases without talking any phone calls at all. He was witty, he was interesting, he always had a weird angle to pursue and he did topics no one else would ever think of. He will be missed. 

His Facebook post has dozens of messages of thanks and regrets and I don't envy Matt Holmes, who's been filling in for Tim Denis during his absence. He's taking over Larry's slot starting on Wednesday. Up until this week, he'd been the host of their weekend morning show. No word on whether anyone is taking his place on that shift or if it's back to canned programming on Saturday and Sunday morning.  

November 19, 2019 11:03 pm  #2

Re: Larry Fedoruk Gone From Bell's CKTB

Wow. that sucks, Fedoruk goes back to CFTR days when John "Records" Landecker was the morning man and the number one hit was Physical by Olivia Newton John and oh ya My Baby Works from 9-5 by Sheena Easton...it is really sad to see this...a long time vet gone in a moment...

Good luck to him...and his future podcast days!

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

November 19, 2019 11:29 pm  #3

Larry would be perfect to move to NT1010 (yes, I know that's Bell Media) and host overnights live in competition with GNR640 non-C2C show.

November 19, 2019 11:51 pm  #4

He's actually worked at CFRB before, doing their weekend morning show for many years. Whether they'd welcome him back on that same shift is another story. Or even if he'd want to do it.  

November 20, 2019 9:48 am  #5

A great guy, a class act with a heart of gold. He'll be back, and soon.

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram

November 20, 2019 12:15 pm  #6

RadioActive wrote:

He's actually worked at CFRB before, doing their weekend morning show for many years. Whether they'd welcome him back on that same shift is another story. Or even if he'd want to do it.  

Doubtful they would replace Dave Trafford on weekend wakers. BUT, Larry would be an extreme welcome change to RB's current smarmy Trivia Show on Sundays. (yes, he filled in a few times for the current host)

November 20, 2019 4:13 pm  #7

I am a 100% Larry Fedoruk super fan.  Loved his afternoon talk show.  I've been listening for many years.  Larry and I worked on a couple of music specials together when he was at CFTR.  Damn corporate media.  Bell needs to fire a few corporate executives that don't do jack shit and keep the talented on air people on the air.
This firing makes no sense at all.  Stupid, stupid, stupid.
So sorry Larry.

November 22, 2019 6:42 am  #8

Doug Thompson wrote:

This firing makes no sense at all.  Stupid, stupid, stupid.   So sorry Larry.

"I don't like it, but I guess things happen that way"

John R. Cash