sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 15, 2019 1:17 pm  #1

Almost identical Jeff Scofield Rochester & Frank Leo Toronto spots

There is this real estate agent Jeff Scofield in Rochester who runs ads on WHAM 1180 which have pitches and even copy lifted word-for-word from the ones here in Toronto for Frank Leo. Either that or it is the other way around!

He has the exact same "house sale guarantee: if he doesn't sell your house for the amount and by the date agreed on, he buys it."

Scofield's shill is Glenn Beck, who obviously does not live in Rochester, so he says "Call the only agent I would call if I needed to sell a house in Rochester." And he finishes with the same "And start packing."

I wonder who copied whom and whether they have a deal or if someone's nose it out of joint about it. Or maybe no one cares at all.

October 15, 2019 3:52 pm  #2

Re: Almost identical Jeff Scofield Rochester & Frank Leo Toronto spots

Nothing new here.   Jack Hamer-Jackson created this game in Vancouver, over three decades ago 

October 15, 2019 9:16 pm  #3

Re: Almost identical Jeff Scofield Rochester & Frank Leo Toronto spots

You don't have to go to Rochester or Vancouver to hear someone else using the "get packing" ad locally. A realtor named Rob Golfi uses the word-for-word Frank Leo spot on CKTB in St. Catharines. The only thing different is the name.