sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 25, 2019 9:33 pm  #1

Get your tickets to the Juno's-they're coming back to Toronto March 28

The Juno's are coming back to Toronto and the Scotiabank Arena on March 28th, 2020...this event is good for our music biz...we have come a long way since the Juno's were created by Stan and Walt at RPM Magazine...

I remember Terry Jacks, Gordon Lightfoot, Joni Mitchell, Neil Young and Anne Murray...that was about it for CanCon...but then BTO, Fludd (Cousin Mary) a Foot in Cold Water, the Guess Who...began to make an impact...

Our industry has grown so much so...it is always good see Canadian music artists come together for a bit of a love fest aka the Juno Awards.

Here is more on the announcement...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/junos-toronto-music-awards-1.5294404

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

September 26, 2019 1:47 pm  #2

Re: Get your tickets to the Juno's-they're coming back to Toronto March 28

Had the pleasure of going to the Juno Awards many years ago. A lot of fun and the artists were very available for interviews. Nice that the ceremony will be in Toronto,where they first started, for the 50th Anniversary.

Little known fact that the Juno's were about the first music awards show where the artists performed their songs live rather than lip sync. The Juno's were way ahead of both the Grammy and American Music Awards who both now mostly have the artists singing live.

My preferred music awards show is the Brit Awards which in my mind is  the most entertaining and best produced. Also at the Brit Awards, radio is more prominent with announcers from BBC1&2 and the private stations usually presenting some of the awards. Radio announcers tend to be real personalities and stars in the UK.