sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 6, 2023 11:23 am  #31

Re: Licence plates matching call letters

I just got back from a quick outing and saw a CKFH license plate in the parking lot. I can only hope it's their second car, because everyone else's is number one!

August 6, 2023 11:24 am  #32

It was all announce-op during my AM drive time  in the 60's.

August 6, 2023 12:16 pm  #33

I saw a CETR 680 plate on the 401 the other day. At first glance it looked like CFTR 680.

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram

August 6, 2023 12:18 pm  #34

RadioActive wrote:

I just got back from a quick outing and saw a CKFH license plate in the parking lot. I can only hope it's their second car, because everyone else's is number one!

My plate is CKFH accompanied by a Blue Jay logo. Of course 'FH carried the Jays games in the '70s (and before that the Expos).

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram

August 6, 2023 7:03 pm  #35

I’m in London right now and I saw a plate with CFSK today - the call letters for Global Saskatoon. Later I saw CKNY, which is the call sign for CTV North Bay.

I’ve seen CFPL, CKNX, and CKVR on plates in Toronto in the past.

August 6, 2023 8:33 pm  #36

In the Ottawa Valley, a CJET plate will come along every so often, far from Smiths Falls, but haven't seen a CJET 630 plate. Any CJET alumni on Big Yella?

August 7, 2023 2:49 pm  #37

Found another one in London, today - CJBK. Number wasn’t 129 though.

August 7, 2023 3:00 pm  #38

MJ Vancouver wrote:

Found another one in London, today - CJBK. Number wasn’t 129 though.

Sadly, thanks to Bell, that's about the only place you'll see CJBK in London now. 

August 7, 2023 3:00 pm  #39

There is a Tesla Model 3 in mid-town Toronto (Christie St & Davenport Road area), With the letters "CJCL".  The number is not 590 - which is the Rogers A.M. Frequency.
Two things that are interesting.  First, in Ontario Electric Vehicles are assigned a special "Green" licence plate with the Letters "GV##-###".   The CJCL plate on the Tesla, is not a Green Vehicle plate.  It is a "blue lettering" plate, that would be associated with an Internal Combustion Engine vehicle, secondly, the blue lettering is normally on a so-called "Vanity Plate" where the car owner pays an additional fee to personalize the plate.

Last edited by tvguy (August 7, 2023 3:01 pm)