sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 17, 2019 10:40 am  #1

John Moore's Classic Freudian Slip Hits At An FM Competitor

Once in a while, every announcer screws up and says something they didn't really mean. On Tuesday, CFRB's John Moore made a classic potentially Freudian slip that made me laugh out loud. He was trying to refer to a long ago bank robbing gangster named John Dillinger. Instead, he identified the bad guy as John Derringer, who is, of course, the morning host on Q107. 

After a spot break, he came back and corrected himself on air, and at first it sounded like he was going to say something semi-nasty about his competitor on the FM dial, then thought better of it. "I don't want to start a radio war," is how he put it. 

Hmm, do you suppose the two know and don't like each other? Is there some sort of backstory here or is it all just a simple mistake? It was hard to tell from that brief moment, but enquiring ears want to know...  .

September 17, 2019 1:55 pm  #2

Re: John Moore's Classic Freudian Slip Hits At An FM Competitor

RadioActive wrote:

After a spot break, he came back and corrected himself on air, and at first it sounded like he was going to say something semi-nasty about his competitor on the FM dial, then thought better of it. "I don't want to start a radio war," is how he put it.

There was a little bit more to what he said which you left out, where he took a tiny step down the road to actually commenting about Derringer. After admitting he had confused the two, he added "although, they do have something in common". Perhaps only Moore knows where he was going with that, but he immediately pulled back and continued as you outlined it above.

September 17, 2019 6:23 pm  #3

Re: John Moore's Classic Freudian Slip Hits At An FM Competitor

I just channeled the ghost of Spaceman from a View from Space and he suggests this is a set up by both the Rothschild's and the Royal Family, they used Megan Markle as a set up for this on air gaff...conspiracy theory? In this case yes!

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...