sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 28, 2019 7:52 pm  #1

BBC2 To Air 4 Days Of New Beatles Specials For "Abbey Road's" 50th

It's hard to believe The Beatles "Abbey Road" LP turns 50 this year. In honour of that occasion, BBC2 in the U.K. will present four straight days of documentaries and special programming beginning on September 26th. Among the highlights:

-"We Write The Songs"  where Paul  McCartney discusses "how The Beatles only began writing because other bands were stealing their act, and describing how he’s stayed at the top of the music business for six decades."

-"I Was There" in which early British DJs recall what it was like working in radio amidst the Beatles presence in the 60s. 

-Giles Martin talking about the influence and importance of his father, George Martin, in the career of the Fab Four. 

And many, many more. 

The good news is that BBC2 streams live over the Internet with no geo-blocking and the shows will be archived for 30 days on the website for listening anytime. Not all the shows will air there, but many will.  

Here's the list of what's coming between Sept. 26 and Sept. 29th.

September 25, 2019 8:25 pm  #2

Re: BBC2 To Air 4 Days Of New Beatles Specials For "Abbey Road's" 50th

Thanks to the Oldies Music Board for reminding me of this. It starts Thursday and continues until Sunday with lots of special material.

The BBC has released a special 50-question quiz about the group, which you can take online here

I didn't quite ace it, but I did OK. Your mileage may vary, but some of the questions are quite challenging.