sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 28, 2019 7:19 pm  #1

Nice to see Stingray invest (heavily) in Canadian Music Content...

This is a good news story for musicians and music producers in Canada as Stingray is investing in content creation in this country!

6.7 million dollars to homegrown talent and organizations that support music creation.

Here is more on the story, maybe now is the time to finally become a musician..."Cuz there is gold in them thar hills"!!!

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2019/06/28/1876133/0/en/Stingray-Stands-on-Guard-for-Canadian-Talent-Invests-in-Homegrown-Artists-and-Industry-Organizations-to-the-Tune-of-6-7-Million-in-2019.html

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

June 28, 2019 10:01 pm  #2

Re: Nice to see Stingray invest (heavily) in Canadian Music Content...

When stingray first signed on to buy newcap, i was skeptical, since they had no actual "broadcasting" experience.  But clearly, they have benefited from that outsider pov.  it seems they're thinking outside of the rogers/bell/corus box and at least trying to be innovative.

on the other hand, the cynical side of me notes that stingray is obligated to shell out $30 million to various parties as part of the tangible benefits package arising from the newcap purchase.

so i guess good on them for turning an obligation into a promo piece, and it ultimately does help boost cancon.

July 2, 2019 10:24 am  #3

Stingray seems excellent to me.  I enjoy their stations on tv for music and the app.   Very well put together.

July 3, 2019 11:16 pm  #4

They have absolutely gutted their small market stations out west.

July 3, 2019 11:35 pm  #5

...all this and a snappy name too! btw, as a kid, i always liked the bikes... and the corvettes too.