sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 23, 2019 12:33 am  #1

Christie Blatchford Co-hosts 1010's afternoon drive show Monday

At the very end of last Friday's Newstalk 1010's afternoon drive show the Rush, Ryan Doyle briefly mentioned that he was going on vacation, and that Christie Blatchford would be doing the show with Jay Michaels on Monday.

It's, to borrow from the great author Douglas Adams, the long dark teatime of the soul for radio listeners during the summer, if the people filling in for vacationing hosts aren't, to be polite, up to the job.

Luckily the Newstalk 1010 fan base will be in good hands this week with Ms. Blatchford. And, except for one or two exCeptions, Christie also has numerous fans on the big yellow board, myself included, that will be tuning in as well.

Last edited by betaylored (June 24, 2019 7:06 pm)

June 23, 2019 10:37 am  #2

Re: Christie Blatchford Co-hosts 1010's afternoon drive show Monday

I hear former Doug Ford asset Dean French has a hole in his schedule. Good chance to further the CFRB-government cross-pollination.

June 23, 2019 8:29 pm  #3

Chrisphen wrote:

I hear former Doug Ford asset Dean French has a hole in his schedule. Good chance to further the CFRB-government cross-pollination.

I’d take Dean French on a panel any day

June 24, 2019 6:52 pm  #4

Didn't catch the full show (and possibly they explained the rationale for this), but clearly sounded like Christie was remote'ing it ("phoning it in") with their ISDN or probably now IP-based "kit" from home or wherever else. The mic quality was different than Jay's voice, slight but perceptible delay as they interacted, and it was obvious they weren't in the same studio for that back-and-forth chemistry and banter. Given she's a newbie to a full-length radio slot, wonder why they wouldn't have her come down and do it in person to make it flow a little better?