sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 19, 2019 8:50 am  #1

Veteran News Voice Returns To Toronto Radio

It was great to hear the voice of veteran newscaster Paul Cross on CFRB Tuesday night and on the weekend.

Cross was a well known presence on CHUM, AM 640, Q107, and the Canadian Press and has been mentoring would-be radio students at Humber for the past 14 years. He also has a media-related podcast called "Cross Talk" that he's been doing for the past year or so. 

I'm not sure if this is just a summer fill-in thing or whether he's planning to make a full time comeback, but he certainly is a pro and it's great to hear him on-air again. I've never met him, but I was always a fan of his style.   

June 19, 2019 10:22 am  #2

Re: Veteran News Voice Returns To Toronto Radio

I know Paul from my days at CHUM FM, really nice guy and extremely intelligent.  Good move by CFRB

June 19, 2019 12:23 pm  #3

Re: Veteran News Voice Returns To Toronto Radio

I'll have to listen for him.  And thanks for links to the podcast.  From the bits I've heard, it sounds like there's some good stuff in there.

Back when I was in college, I found it comforting to hear our instructors on the air if for no other reason than it showed they could "walk the walk" and they weren't just parroting from some textbook.  Sure, you want an experienced voice tell you how it's done, but there's nothing quite like being "shown" how it's done.