sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 22, 2019 7:39 am  #1

CFRB Reporter Playing Justin Trudeau On Next Week's Simpsons

CFRB reporter Lucas Meyer revealed Monday morning that he did a brief voice appearance on the upcoming Simpsons that airs next Sunday. He's apparently something of a mimic and the producers heard him fooling around for some friends and asked him to audition with a few lines imitating Justin Trudeau.

He won the part and did his lines a while ago for an episode that was supposed to air last September but was delayed. He was obligated to keep the news under wraps until now but told the NT1010 audience right after the 7 AM news on Monday.

They didn't ask but I'd be very curious to know what doing a few lines on the longest running TV show in history pays.

April 22, 2019 7:26 pm  #2

Re: CFRB Reporter Playing Justin Trudeau On Next Week's Simpsons

Global did a better job on this than NT1010 did on its own website. And considering the rivalry between 1010 and 640 - and that Global doesn't even show The Simpsons - I'm surprised they spent so much time plugging the competition. 

Anyway, you can see the interview and the impression here.   

April 22, 2019 7:30 pm  #3

If you're up late, Lucas Meyer is going to be on our show just after the 2am news.
(640 Toronto, 900 CHML Hamilton, 980 CFPL London)
I just taped with him an hour ago. Great guy. 

April 22, 2019 7:31 pm  #4

If only Bell Media - you know, the company he works for - was offering him as much attention as Corus is! Thanks for the head's up.