sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 27, 2019 12:42 pm  #1

Buddy Holly & Roy Orbison On Tour Again?

One of our regular SOWNY posters made me aware of this article in Rolling Stone magazine. Hey, as much as I liked both of these artists, the thought of real-life dead people (you should pardon the expression) virtually performing on stage makes me somewhat uncomfortable.

One good thing though - if all you want to do is hear the hits, at least you won't have to sit through any of their recent material!

No word yet when or if these less than grateful dead musicians will hit Toronto. 

Roy Orbison, Buddy Holly Holograms Paired for Fall Tour

March 27, 2019 1:49 pm  #2

Re: Buddy Holly & Roy Orbison On Tour Again?

Self-driving cars. Auto-pilot-crashing planes. Amazon drones on the front lawn. Hologram road tours-of-the-damned.

Even when you're dead you can't retire.

Last edited by Dial Twister (March 27, 2019 1:50 pm)

March 27, 2019 3:23 pm  #3

Imagine how weird it will be to see the long deceased Holly singing, "That'll Be The Day That I Die." 

Creepy.

March 27, 2019 4:07 pm  #4

next up a reunion of 3/5 traveling wilburys!

March 27, 2019 5:44 pm  #5

The ad you see below is from a site called The Advertising Graveyard, about commercials that were rejected for one reason or another. As unbelievable as it seems, this was a real idea that someone thought up and pitched to ABC when they did their big Beatles special a few decades ago. It is amazing anyone was convinced this would fly.

By the way, the site is filled with some of the most incredible (and I don't mean that in a good way) ad pitches you never got to see. And judging by most of them, that's a good thing.