sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 13, 2019 1:08 pm  #1

HEY MR. IAIN GRANT (up-and-comer awards)

A # of weeks ago you posted a limited-access topic about radio awards and it stated that nominations would close on Monday, March 11 (it did, 2 days ago).   The one-person "thread" has disappeared.  Nice trick, pal.  Were you waiting for someone to ask who was nominated and when the award(s) will be formally announced?    Plse & thankyew.  

March 13, 2019 1:15 pm  #2

Re: HEY MR. IAIN GRANT (up-and-comer awards)

Don't blame Iain for that! It was "pinned" to the top of the SOWNY Board for almost a month and when the deadline expired, I "unpinned" it. The message still exists, but it just moved down on the page to reflect the date when it was posted. Just trying to keep the board up to date - there's no point in advertising for entries when the deadline is past. Winners are due to be announced April 8th, so we won't know anything about the victors until then. 

As for Mr. Grant, I have all the time in the world for him. I wouldn't be here doing this (and maybe that's not such a good thing!) if he hadn't brought SOWNY back to life yet again way back in what, 2015? So he's welcome to add anything he likes here.

In this case, blame yours truly, not his falsely!

March 13, 2019 1:31 pm  #3

No "blame" intended but a touch of drama often works to attract attention.   It only took seven (7) minutes to attract yours!     Would it be wrong to allow people to post their nominees' names?     

March 13, 2019 1:44 pm  #4

People who nominated someone can feel free to say who on these pages, but I just checked the website associated with the award and they don't publish any names until the winner is announced.

And as Sally Rogers once said on The Dick van Dyke Show, "My aunt always told me that a 'nominee' was someone from Nomin." For whatever that's worth...