sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 4, 2019 9:42 am  #2

Re: Calling to cut your cable?

I'm not sure what Bell's going to do, but I'm pretty sure that as long as "Maximum quality" sports coverage gets into the home, Rogers won't care if it's cable or some other fancy new idea down the road.

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

March 4, 2019 9:52 am  #3

Sign of the times, the new Rogers store at Lakeshore and Leslie only has one display wall with a single monitor for cable TV.  The rest of the wall space is dedicated to phones and tablets.

- Not an industry person.  Just a guy with a love of Toronto radio. 

March 4, 2019 10:07 am  #4

Leslieville Bill wrote:

Sign of the times, the new Rogers store at Lakeshore and Leslie only has one display wall with a single monitor for cable TV.  The rest of the wall space is dedicated to phones and tablets.

I'm not sure if things have changed, but there used to be a store in that exact area that was not corporate run.
The non corporate stores are mainly wireless driven regardless of the times.

Another good example might be the Bloor & Yonge store, where I am certain that that is indeed a Corporate store.
Not a word of cable, but indeed a heavy push for the desire to have Ignite TV.

March 4, 2019 11:20 am  #5

Radiowiz wrote:

Leslieville Bill wrote:

I'm not sure if things have changed, but there used to be a store in that exact area that was not corporate run.
The non corporate stores are mainly wireless driven regardless of the times.

Another good example might be the Bloor & Yonge store, where I am certain that that is indeed a Corporate store.
Not a word of cable, but indeed a heavy push for the desire to have Ignite TV.

The Rogers store to which I am referring is one beside the Canadian Tire on the SW corner of Lakeshore and Leslie.  It was a Starbucks until they moved across the street.  It used to be in another area of the same mall.  I don't know if it a franchise or not.

In my opinion, Ignite is over priced.  When you're years behind Bell, I don't know why you wouldn't budget price your product to get market share (and fight off IPTV start ups too).  Then again, I am not part of the Rogers "brain trust".

- Not an industry person.  Just a guy with a love of Toronto radio. 

March 4, 2019 1:28 pm  #6

Leslieville Bill wrote:

The Rogers store to which I am referring is one beside the Canadian Tire on the SW corner of Lakeshore and Leslie.  

That is a DEALER store (with "Rogers authorized agents") NOT a Corporate store.
It's easy to mix the two up, I suppose.