sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 25, 2019 10:12 am  #1

640 Gets New Mid-Morning Host Next Week - & It's Not Peter Shurman

The veteran fill-in confirmed on Monday that there will be a new permanent host to replace the departed Matt Gurney - and it won't be him. Peter Shurman indicated the newcomer - as yet unnamed - will start on March 4th.

He also stated that he'll still be around when the regulars aren't, but despite some speculation/hope here, he's not taking a full time shift. 

February 25, 2019 1:48 pm  #2

Re: 640 Gets New Mid-Morning Host Next Week - & It's Not Peter Shurman

Actually, 640 will need to find two new hosts, with Tasha announcing last week that she's leaving on March 1st. There's no word yet on whether they've found anyone to take her place or when that announcement might be made. It would be incredibly ironic but not surprising if Shurman turns up for her vacated shifts until they find the right person to fill the early afternoon slot. It doesn't appear he wants that job, either.  

February 25, 2019 3:27 pm  #3

Online betting results indicate that grilled.cheese will be getting out of the sack @ 3:30 a.m. next Monday  

February 25, 2019 7:23 pm  #4

Jennifer Valentine? 

I kid. (I think)

February 26, 2019 3:00 am  #5

On her show Monday afternoon, Kelly Cutrara hinted that she has a new show coming up, but never fully divulged the details (at least when I was listening). Could she be heading to mid-mornings?

GNR am640 has a knack for scooping Newstalk 1010 'pundits' (loathe that word) and giving them a chance to develop further. It's not Amanda Galbraith, John Tory Jr., or Scott Reed, all have strong 1010 ties, and regular jobs to boot, but maybe there's someone else who could follow Supriya, and the others that once appeared on 1010's radio shows...

Last edited by betaylored (February 26, 2019 3:01 am)

February 26, 2019 10:53 pm  #6

My bet is Kelly will be co-hosting the morning  with Stafford while Supriya is on maternity leave. Kelly has expressed her admiration of the Staff many times.