sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 19, 2019 8:43 pm  #1

Sometimes You Just Have To Shake Your Head In Dismay...

This has nothing to do with local radio, but sometimes you come across something so bizarrely idiotic, you can't even fathom it. Proving, if nothing else, that this TV reboot mania has definitely gone too far. I'm sure some cable station here (maybe Space) will show it if it ever actually gets made. 

The Banana Splits Getting Rebooted at Syfy…as a Horror Movie

February 22, 2019 5:34 am  #2

Re: Sometimes You Just Have To Shake Your Head In Dismay...

RadioActive wrote:

This has nothing to do with local radio, but sometimes you come across something so bizarrely idiotic, you can't even fathom it. Proving, if nothing else, that this TV reboot mania has definitely gone too far. I'm sure some cable station here (maybe Space) will show it if it ever actually gets made. 

The Banana Splits Getting Rebooted at Syfy…as a Horror Movie

this reminds me of some of the topics Stafford would have at the 11am hour of his solo show back in the day, "should we give reboots the boot, and which shows would you love to see redone and updated, call Giggletights now at ..."

seriously though RA, The Banana Splits are terrifying now that I look at them again...

With the #MeToo movement still in effect, they'll probably eventually get around to redoing the Clint Eastwood flick "Play Misty For Me" about the DJ stalked by a mentally unstable female listener.... only it'll be reversed, and turned on its ear... "the call is coming from INSIDE the radio station."...for a lot of people it's 'thank u next' re some of these not so grande reboots, and prequels look to be the next trend with the Sopranos and Game of Thrones projects leading the way.

Last edited by betaylored (February 22, 2019 5:43 am)

June 15, 2019 10:34 pm  #3

Re: Sometimes You Just Have To Shake Your Head In Dismay...

From the trailer, it looks every bit as terrible as you might expect.