sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 14, 2019 7:17 pm  #1

The moment of truth at Jazz FM is tomorrow at the Board Meeting

I have received about 10 emails this week from the current board and some of the hosts at Jazz FM, urging me to send in my proxy.

I have also received a few Blue Proxy emails from the Save Jazz FM team, boy both camps are hot and heavy in advance of tomorrow's meeting.

It should be interesting to see what comes out of tomorrow...I hope there is new and progressive change.

Here is the message (1 of about 4 today), that the current board sent me today! (yes I am a member/donor)

Important Email to Donor Members of JAZZ.FM91

To the Donor Members of JAZZ.FM91:

On February 4, 5, and 6, 2019, JAZZ.FM91 Inc. sent you emails from David McGown, Alan Broadbent, and Marc Jordan containing statements regarding Brian Hemming, Joseph Manzoli and “Save JAZZ.FM”, and the February 15th Special Meeting of Members that will vote on a resolution to remove all current members of JAZZ.FM91 Board of Directors and replace them with the nominees listed in Mr. Hemming’s resolution. JAZZ.FM91 Inc., David McGown, Alan Broadbent and Marc Jordan wish to make the following corrective disclosure by retracting the following statements in the emails:

(1) we do not in fact know who is funding “Save JAZZ.FM”, Brian Hemming, or Joseph Manzoli;

(2) we have no evidence that the motivation behind Mr. Hemming’s resolution is to sell the assets of the station or otherwise act contrary to the best interests of JAZZ.FM91.

Our emails were intended to present the case for supporting the current JAZZ.FM91 Board of Directors.

David McGown

Marc Jordan

Alan Broadbent

JAZZ.FM91 Board of Directors 
Comment away Big Yellow! 

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

February 14, 2019 10:18 pm  #2

Re: The moment of truth at Jazz FM is tomorrow at the Board Meeting

who is funding jazzfm now?  why does it matter who is funding the dissenting group, if their proposed board is comprised of valid members?   Why is the dissenting group's motivation in question unless they are proposing significant programming changes?

based only on what i've seen on this board, it appears to me that the current board has not handled recent issues very well, and they are simply wanting to maintain control.... regardless of the wishes from membership group.  Almost seems like the existing board are a bunch of CKNT's if you get my meaning.

February 14, 2019 10:29 pm  #3

Please God let it be over. 

February 15, 2019 8:54 am  #4

Muffaraw Joe wrote:

I have received about 10 emails this week from the current board and some of the hosts at Jazz FM, urging me to send in my proxy.

We'll find out soon Joe!  Hey, did any of the "old guard" hosts (Barker, Marks, Woodcock, etc.) send out emails in favour of the current regime?  Thanks.

Last edited by Leslieville Bill (February 15, 2019 8:59 am)

- Not an industry person.  Just a guy with a love of Toronto radio. 

February 15, 2019 10:06 am  #5

Hi Bill...Woodcock, Devenish and Barker were all silent! Thanks for connecting man!

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...