sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 10, 2019 6:14 pm  #1

Wow, the loss of Mike Cleaver is showing up on my FB news feed

RIP Mike Cleaver...who often posted here and was a great contributor, news guy, broadcaster, independent and free thinker...

David Marsden is also dedicating the show he will do on NY the Spirit tonight to his friend Mike.

Sad news in what is shaping up to be a challenging winter...on many levels.

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

February 10, 2019 6:17 pm  #2

Re: Wow, the loss of Mike Cleaver is showing up on my FB news feed

Truly shocking.  I knew he'd been sick, but for each time his health knocked him down he seemed to come back a bit stronger.  

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

February 10, 2019 6:24 pm  #3

I'd been reading on RadioWest that he was ailing but I wasn't aware of how serious it was. For a guy who delivered the news, this bulletin couldn't be more horrible. I will miss his occasional contributions here and send my condolences to his family and friends out west. A real loss.

So far, 2019 is shaping up to be a major nightmare. Mark Elliot, Brian Henderson, Doug Cameron, just to name a few.  The list is already way too long and it's only the second month of the year.  

Mike's brother, Chris, posted a small obit on the RadioWest page. You can read it here

Last edited by RadioActive (February 10, 2019 6:27 pm)

February 10, 2019 6:27 pm  #4

I agree Iain.  He was still posting on Facebook as of yesterday if I'm not mistaken.  He had seemed to rebound quickly from his previously health scares.

It almost seems that 2019 is the radio version of 2016 so far.  Sad news.

Cheers,
Jody Thornton

February 10, 2019 9:00 pm  #5

Mike and I worked together at CHUM & CFRB.  He noted on Facebook recently that he was on the mend.  I'm devastated. 

RIP Mike Cleaver