sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 27, 2019 10:37 pm  #1

Fox's Hyped "Rent Live" Winds Up Partially On Tape Due To Accident

Talk about the best laid plans etc.

Fox was forced to radically alter its hyped up live broadcast of "Rent" on Sunday when one of the main cast members broke his ankle in a dress rehearsal the night before. There was no understudy, so in the grand showbiz tradition, the show went on as it must - but not all of it was live as advertised for weeks and months before the broadcast.

As one wag noted in the TVLine comments section - "it's supposed to be break a leg - not an ankle!" 

Rent Live's Brennin Hunt Suffers Broken Ankle; Broadcast Only Partially Live 

January 27, 2019 11:18 pm  #2

Re: Fox's Hyped "Rent Live" Winds Up Partially On Tape Due To Accident

Have you ever seen 'Rent'? It's terrible.

January 28, 2019 12:57 am  #3

Chrisphen wrote:

Have you ever seen 'Rent'? It's terrible.

Haven't seen it and didn't see it on Fox, either. Not my kind of show. But as far as I know, this is the first of all those hyped up live events that didn't quite go off as planned.

January 28, 2019 10:29 am  #4

They can't pay the rent because they spent it it on buying, filming, processing and presenting 16mm film footage of them complaining about not being able to pay the rent. A compelling narrative for our times.

January 28, 2019 11:07 am  #5

Chrisphen wrote:

They can't pay the rent because they spent it it on buying, filming, processing and presenting 16mm film footage of them complaining about not being able to pay the rent. A compelling narrative for our times.

Modern-day society (through its race-to-the-bottom entertainment, social media, etc.) falls increasingly into irrelevance, irrationality and apathy. Enjoy the ride, my friends. Enjoy the ride.