sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 21, 2019 12:55 pm  #1

Former Fan 590/Sportsnet Broadcaster Now On CKNT

Another former Toronto radio name is back on the air on the Mississauga newcomer.

Barry Davis is a self-described baseball expert, who worked on The Fan 590 and Sportsnet for several years, before starting his own podcast called "Outta The Park." That show, perhaps still from the original podcast, is now airing on CKNT, with another title "The Spin."

The schedule on its slightly revamped website says it's on from 7-8 PM weekdays, although it also calls it a "weekend program" in its profile pages.

Sauga960am

January 21, 2019 1:36 pm  #2

Re: Former Fan 590/Sportsnet Broadcaster Now On CKNT

I really hope someone is keeping an eye on the financials over there.   It seems they are bringing on talent that won't come cheap.    As Roundhouse in Vancouver, they may find themselves over their heads.   The station's reach is limited, the focus is smaller than most stations in the GTHA doing a similar format, and doesn't have a huge company deep pockets.     I'm a strong believer in spending money to make money, but within reason.    

January 21, 2019 2:44 pm  #3

you'd be surprised what former "big name" talent are willing to for (when it comes to being back on the air). i know of one instance (first hand) that surprised me.

January 21, 2019 3:41 pm  #4

Barry IS the best. He IS a baseball expert...at least a Blue Jays baseball expert.   Barry's a world-class, passionate broadcaster and one heckuva good guy.  Go Barry.

Last edited by Doug Thompson (January 21, 2019 3:41 pm)

January 25, 2019 4:02 pm  #5

Speaking of podcast, Richards has a podcast for CKNT, or rather, the show recording from the morning gets released as a podcast later that day.It's on iTunes/Google Play/TuneIn/etc.

I'm curious why the other shows don't do the same. The production quality on the morning show is lot different (better) than the rest of the shows.

January 25, 2019 7:58 pm  #6

Reaching the Beach...with SAUGA.

They can have that one for free (with attribution).