sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 30, 2018 4:45 pm  #1

1 in 4 anglophone Canadians have cut their cable TV cord...

Here is more confirmation that the media game is changing and how and where we consume content is too...thus throwing the industry in a state of flux and even media company bankruptcies and layoffs...

A report released today states that 1 in 4 anglophone Canadians are cutting their cable...

Here is more...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/tv-cord-cutting-netflix-1.4600455

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

March 30, 2018 6:20 pm  #2

Re: 1 in 4 anglophone Canadians have cut their cable TV cord...

Muffaraw Joe wrote:

thus throwing the industry in a state of flux and even media company bankruptcies and layoffs. 

SACRILEGE!  The regulars on here will never, EVER accept this!  They honestly believe that radio peeps should be hired for life and never, ever change responsibilities.  They believe the preceding article is "fake news".  No, what their reality is Chum-circa 1969 -- frozen in time. 

March 30, 2018 7:06 pm  #3

6 more weeks and my 'cable days' are done.  Gonna set up a whole new 'way' of doin' stuff when I step away from this house.  Those thieves are toast.

March 30, 2018 7:20 pm  #4

Old Codger wrote:

6 more weeks and my 'cable days' are done.  Gonna set up a whole new 'way' of doin' stuff when I step away from this house.  Those thieves are toast.

Hope the move goes smoothly O.C. and if perchance you would care to share the "deets" on the "whole new 'way' of doin' stuff" idiot box wise afterwards, while not, ahem, incriminating yourself, it would be most interesting to read.

March 30, 2018 8:53 pm  #5

I'm sure it'll be 'up and uppish'.  The little lady thinks my telling the local cable eh-holes to stuff it wouldn't be right.  Them?  I don't mind sticking it to them.  But incurring her wrath wouldn't work. 

Part of the plan will include what we call the '"funny box".

Details should clarify themselves by mid-May to early June depending on how fast I feel like bringing it all together.  I will avoid spending another night in jail if I can.  And prison is completely out of the question...might run into Donald Trump there and I doubt that I'd be able to hold my tongue.

Cable is theft.  It's a license to steal.  Whoever participates is an accomplice in said crime.  And, now that I think about it, my subscribing to their 'service' is certainly aiding and abetting too.  There's only a one day statute of limitations though so I'm getting while the getting is good.