sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 27, 2018 5:04 pm  #1

640's Tweet

Global News Radio 640 Toronto just tweeted:

"640 Toronto has retracted a tweet that was sent in error and does not reflect the views of the station."

4:52 PM - 27 Mar 2018

Anyone know what it said?

never worked ever, in radio

March 27, 2018 5:11 pm  #2

Re: 640's Tweet

A few people were shown the door today at Corus unfortunately, perhaps one of them with password in hand?

Last edited by Don (March 27, 2018 5:12 pm)

March 27, 2018 5:15 pm  #3

It was a strange tweet suggesting special treatment in Etobicoke north, looked more like someone was responding on their own twitter feed and posted it to the 640 one by accident.    

Accidents happen, have almost done that one myself a few times.

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

March 27, 2018 7:08 pm  #4

=12pxA few people were shown the door today at Corus unfortunately, perhaps one of them with password in hand?

Have been looking for info.   Any word on who or where this might have happened ??

March 27, 2018 7:14 pm  #5

Just a Radio Fan wrote:

=12pxA few people were shown the door today at Corus

Twelve producers times a few people? Could Lou finally have time to visit all of the ribfests? Maybe Oakley could finally get his eyes fixed with the severance so he can witness the Ford Coronation? Speculation runs rampant.

March 27, 2018 8:24 pm  #6

Well, as the Big Cheese reported in a previous thread, we know that Andrew Lawton was let go from CFPL on Tuesday. (Although he's still featured prominently on their website as of this posting.) Which is too bad. I really enjoyed it when he filled in on 640. I hope he - and the others dismissed today - find something soon. It's a tough time to be without a gig.

March 27, 2018 9:37 pm  #7

Just a Radio Fan wrote:

Have been looking for info.   Any word on who or where this might have happened ??

In the "everyone knows" list are both the PDs of Edge and Q107....to be replaced by Tammy Cole (ex CHFI) currently at Corus Winnipeg. The rest that I know are from a friend who is himself on the list, so I'm not going  to break any news there. Seems like it's pretty big.

Last edited by Don (March 28, 2018 9:26 am)

March 27, 2018 11:44 pm  #8

And yet 640 appears unscathed? Why isn't the PD, Sapria, Tashia, Oakley and Berkowitz fired? Seriously, why?

March 27, 2018 11:53 pm  #9

cGrant wrote:

And yet 640 appears unscathed? Why isn't the PD, Sapria, Tashia, Oakley and Berkowitz fired? Seriously, why?

Tax write off, no doubt...

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

March 27, 2018 11:59 pm  #10

It appears the bloodletting stretches right across the country.

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/layoffs-at-cknw-radio-newsroom-to-move-to-burnaby