sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 18, 2018 10:50 am  #1

Larry Fedoruk To Guest Host 'RB's Sunday Trivia Show On March 25th

I'm not a huge fan of CFRB's Jason Agnew as host of the Sunday Morning Trivia Show, but I do believe he's at least creative in trying to keep the concept fresh. So it should be interesting to hear next week's (March 25th) edition when, for the first time in several years, Agnew is away and the program gets a substitute front man - Larry Fedoruk. 

Fedoruk, who does a weekday 4-7 PM show on sister station CKTB and used to be the regular weekday morning host on 1010, is a brilliant talent, who can basically do a three hour stream-of-consciousness-type talk show without needing to take a single phone call and still keep it interesting the entire time. 

So I can hardly wait to see how he fares on a trivia contest and what he adds to the long running 'RB staple.

March 18, 2018 1:14 pm  #2

Re: Larry Fedoruk To Guest Host 'RB's Sunday Trivia Show On March 25th

If Larry Fedoruk talking openly and honestly for 90 minutes about his lengthy career in radio interests you, I urge you to listen to this episode of Toronto Mike'd.

Lots of CFTR, CKFM, CISS and Newstalk 610 CKTB chatter in this one.

March 18, 2018 1:17 pm  #3

March 26, 2018 9:12 pm  #4

I enjoyed Larry on his 1010 weekend morning stints a few years ago (before being replaced by the return of The Motts) - and was impressed at how he did stretches of that show with no callers, guests or board-op banter - stream-of-consciousness indeed. As for yesterday's Sunday Trivia Show, he gamely (no pun intended) did his best, but there's a lot of moving pieces to things and rhythms to learn - it improved during the course of the show but was pretty rocky.

March 27, 2018 8:44 am  #5

This will worth tuning in to, a nice change from my usual Sunday morning listening to Michael Enright over at the mother ship.

March 27, 2018 8:46 am  #6

Sorry to tell you this, but this thread was posted before last Sunday - which is when Larry hosted. I believe Jason Agnew is back this weekend - provided they do a trivia show on Easter Sunday.

It was, indeed, a mess. But with Fedoruk, it was at least a fun mess!

March 27, 2018 9:35 am  #7

You're all being far, far too kind. I am a big-time Larry fan, but his hosting of that trivia show was an undulating trainwreck, express to Schitt's Creek. He was beyond out of his element and, it truly sounded like he either never listened to the regular version or had a 30-second rundown only.

I only tuned in for Larry; I cannot stand Agnew's smarmy dystopian version of a show that should have been axed a long time ago. It's akin to listening to a radio psychic fortune sham. They should have either run a reroll or dead air. Pardon me for being so blunt.

March 27, 2018 11:37 am  #8

RadioActive wrote:

Sorry to tell you this, but this thread was posted before last Sunday - which is when Larry hosted. I believe Jason Agnew is back this weekend - provided they do a trivia show on Easter Sunday.

It was, indeed, a mess. But with Fedoruk, it was at least a fun mess!

I believe the word trivia roughly translates in Latin as three roads that meet. Appropriate considering the bored-er(s?) who come close to throwing Larry and Jason under the bus in this thread.

Mother ship, are you there? Hello Michael Enright, gee I missed you.... (wth thanks to RA for the update re this upcoming Sunday. Next time I'll pay attention when I come back to the board about timeframes etc.)

Last edited by betaylored (March 27, 2018 11:42 am)