sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 23, 2018 7:05 pm  #31

Re: More changes at AM640?

Charlie wrote:

His loyal listeners will follow him to the new time slot, but unless a new audience is made aware, the new morning show will continue to be avoided at all costs by a wider audience, like the last one.

I don't see it that way. His current audience might follow him to mornings. And, they'll expect the same free-form formatting to remain -- it can't and it won't. That will turn many of them away. And, given the very weak show that follows, it's unlikely they will stay with the station. After all, Tashia is all over the place with her content. Kelly is acceptable, and most days, worthy of a listen. BUT Oakley is way past his "sell by" date. Sorry. Given their less-than-stellar line-up, those that tune away may not hear any updates that Mike is back on his mid-morning shift.

As an aside, I've tuned in to whatever their overnight show is Dreck or whatnot; and he's a welcome addition to counter the para-crap that RB now broadcasts.

February 26, 2018 6:56 am  #32

Re: More changes at AM640?

Oh crap! Now I have to open up a BMO account and do some serious shopping at Lowes... Great morning show Stafford! Keep up the great work!

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.