sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 9, 2018 11:43 am  #1

CJBK's Andy Oudman pledges “fairness and sensitivity”

February 12, 2018 12:27 pm  #2

Re: CJBK's Andy Oudman pledges “fairness and sensitivity”

I'm surprised there are no comments on this. Here's mine.

Mr. Oudman has been on London radio for decades and yes, he can get passionate. In the hundreds of hours I have listened to him, I have never heard him disrespect a guest. He'll fairly criticize an issue or behaviour and disagree with their position. Interestingly a good number of the complainants are city councilors from the 'progressive' political spectrum.

Quoting the London Free Press and CBC articles: The complaint by the nine women signatories  saying "his behaviour perpetuates a culture of sexism and misogyny" is unfounded. And "As women leaders in the community, we have experienced harassment and verbal abuse by Andy Oudman on his CJBK radio show. Some of us have experienced this for years." Perhaps they are interpreting fair criticism and observations as a personal affront. Or if you don't agree with me I'm offended.

An open letter is a pretty gutless way of bringing their supposed concerns forward. All they are trying to do is embarrass and silence this guy. I sincerely hope it does not work.

In the end the people that signed this letter wind up looking like snowflakes. Hope London voters are paying attention.

Last edited by darcyh (February 12, 2018 6:18 pm)

February 14, 2018 2:44 am  #3

Re: CJBK's Andy Oudman pledges “fairness and sensitivity”

I have no idea if the charges have any merit.  I do know that Andy and I went to college together and to my recollection, he was liked and admired by us all in that course, regardless of gender.  Certainly liked and admired by me.