sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 8, 2015 11:50 am  #1

Was TSN 1150 The Originally Planned Format?

By now we all know that TSN 1150 will remove the classics from Hamilton's oldest radio station this fall. And while I realize it doesn't mean much, I stumbled on this on the Geeks and Beats website, a podcast that airs on several Bell Media stations. At the very bottom of a list of outlets that air this show, is a small logo that reads coming soon To "AM 1150 News, Talk Sports."

Clearly, that's NOT the format that's coming, according to all the hype. Or is it? If not, where did this logo come from? AFAIK, "News and Talk" is most definitely not part of the branding for existing sister station TSN 1050. Are we looking at a prototype for something that never came to be? Or is TSN 1150 going to be more broadly based than we thought?

It's a small thing, of course, and likely means nothing more than my imagination is working overtime. But this mysterious logo is intriguing nonetheless.

Last edited by RadioActive (July 8, 2015 11:51 am)

July 8, 2015 11:56 am  #2

Re: Was TSN 1150 The Originally Planned Format?

Could it be Kelowna?

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

July 8, 2015 11:58 am  #3

You're probably right. I'd completely forgotten about their Kelowna outlet. A check of their site shows that is in fact, their logo. In the words of Emily Latella from Saturday Night Live, "never mind..."

Still it was fun to think about it...

Last edited by RadioActive (July 8, 2015 11:59 am)

July 11, 2015 5:20 pm  #4

RadioActive wrote:

By now we all know that TSN 1150 will remove the classics from Hamilton's oldest radio station this fall

Are they removing or have suicide bombers decimated nostalgia on a format that works when managed energetically & professionally (a situation Oldies 1150 has not enjoyed for a decade)

Last edited by Kilgore (July 11, 2015 5:33 pm)