sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 30, 2017 10:16 pm  #2

Re: Gregg Zaun fired from Sportsnet

This is crazy, the men in the media are getting called out big time...

We live in a crazy climate, with these sexual scandals, budget and personnel cuts, bankruptcy's etc...it is wild to see this all take place and come out into the open now!

I feel bad for Zaun, but I won't miss him...he seemed to be a bit...no wait, really full of himself!

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

December 1, 2017 2:16 pm  #3

Men are pigs  Then there are the jocks (guys in sports)
Sport is male dominated, lots of slurs and outright nasty stuff - and not a 'place' for a lady to be in
But now the girls in that field - in the locker rooms, sports news rooms and all pretty on the desk reading the sporting news
Hey it is what it is - Zauny can't talk like that around the girls (anymore)
Good thing they don't cover my men's league hockey, that chatter would make a drunker sailor blush

Come out to the coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs... 
~ John McClane

December 2, 2017 3:56 am  #4

With the multitude of men being castigated for their inappropriate behavior, I predict a well known female personality, maybe in the entertainment, broadcasting, or political arena, will come under public scrutiny in the media for her harrassment of men and/or women.

This could happen as soon as this month or at the latest, January. Let's be fair, men do not have a monopoly on crassness.

December 2, 2017 12:56 pm  #5

Charlie wrote:

betaylored wrote:

With the multitude of men being castigated for their inappropriate behavior, I predict a well known female personality, maybe in the entertainment, broadcasting, or political arena, will come under public scrutiny in the media for her harrassment of men and/or women.

This could happen as soon as this month or at the latest, January. Let's be fair, men do not have a monopoly on crassness.

Agreed.  It's bound to happen, but whoever it is who is outed, she won't feel the wrath of the media and public like the male transgressors.  Probably won't even lose her career.

I respectfully disagree. Legally, she'll have to resign or be fired due to the morality clause built in to employment contracts. The media will report the story. Sauce for the goose etc.

December 2, 2017 1:21 pm  #6

This is p.c. gone mad. No ... women should not be touched or even have to deal with 'suggestions' that they should involve themselves in ANYTHING they do NOT want to take part in. But to have someone fired for being sexist or short of empathy in terms of his 'style' of humour is bull excrement at its fly-attracting best. Girls...grow some thicker skin. You're not in kindergarten for EFF's sake!!! This shyte HAS to stop. There's a difference between horror shows like the Trump, Weinstein and Moore problem and a bumbling fool like Greg Zaun. You waste our time by knocking him off and the rest of them ... especially Trump ... will ultimately get away. S H A M E on Rogers and Sportsnet for over-reacting...like a bunch of girls.

December 3, 2017 11:09 am  #7

Interesting to read the main interviewee on the Zaun story in the Toronto Sun is none other than Dean Blundell, the former Fan 590 morning man. He, of course, comes with a lot of baggage of his own, having famously been dismissed from CFNY for one of his cohort's comments on a gay man and a jury trial.

Toronto Sun: Sportsnet star's antics well known

December 3, 2017 11:21 am  #8

Old Codger wrote:

This is p.c. gone mad. No ... women should not be touched or even have to deal with 'suggestions' that they should involve themselves in ANYTHING they do NOT want to take part in. But to have someone fired for being sexist or short of empathy in terms of his 'style' of humour is bull excrement at its fly-attracting best. Girls...grow some thicker skin. You're not in kindergarten for EFF's sake!!! This shyte HAS to stop. There's a difference between horror shows like the Trump, Weinstein and Moore problem and a bumbling fool like Greg Zaun. You waste our time by knocking him off and the rest of them ... especially Trump ... will ultimately get away. S H A M E on Rogers and Sportsnet for over-reacting...like a bunch of girls.

Absolutely right OC !

The distinction you draw between the horror show and the over-reaction is valid and must be kept in mind before the fired trigger is pulled.

Cool Airchecks and More:
http://www.lettheuniverseanswer.com/

December 3, 2017 3:35 pm  #9

Perhaps this wasn't sexual assault. Perhaps female sportscasters are "all pretty" on the desk. Perhaps the accuser didn't think of reporting harassment at the time. Perhaps a well-known female personality will soon come under scrutiny for sexual harassment. None of that matters. What matters is the pervasiveness of a culture that has allowed most of us to believe that an inappropriate remark, a pat on the butt, a demeaning text saying he wants to ride the elevator alone with me, is okay. It isn't. Talking about degrees of harassment or the risks of joining a male dominated club is wrong.

Last edited by MSK (December 3, 2017 4:03 pm)

December 15, 2017 8:06 pm  #10

A brand new headline from The New York Times reads " Accused of Sexual Harrassment, Andrea Ramsey Ends Kansas Congressional Run." Sauce, goose, gander...

December 18, 2017 1:22 am  #11

betaylored wrote:

Sauce, goose, gander...

You found ONE woman. Bravo.

December 19, 2017 8:21 am  #12

Prod Guy wrote:

betaylored wrote:

Sauce, goose, gander...

You found ONE woman. Bravo.

New York Post, December 18, "Women's March Organizer Accused Of Covering Up Sex Abuse."

I won't keep adding stories to this thread, but they are out there. I may be wrong about a prominent very famous and beloved female eventually being exposed in the media, but the woman in the story proves that so-called champions of women, are capable of abusing those they are supposedly supporting. These stories are cropping up. Pot, kettle...