sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 7, 2015 2:22 pm  #1

Pig Vomit & The Incubus

If you're a Howard Stern fan, you've probably seen the dramatization of his career at WNBC  in Private Parts including "Pig Vomit" (played by Paul Giamatti).  However this week, while his SiriusXM show is on hiatus they're running an amusing "history" of Howard Stern.

Today they're playing the DC101 and WNBC segments.   I've never worked for Mr. Hayes, (aka The Incubus)  but the Stern Show's portrayal of the WNBC years is possibly quite accurate.   Loved the background music - The Doors - "This is the End" during the WNBC firing segment.  The segments should be running on Howard 100 and 101 throughout the afternoon and evening today.  

July 7, 2015 2:38 pm  #2

Re: Pig Vomit & The Incubus

If you never worked for John Hayes, you're a lucky man!  Gary Slaight was a mercurial maniac at times; butter wouldn't melt in Hayes' mouth.  At least Gary has a spark of humanity.

I remember finishing an afternoon shift, 12 or so interviews...calls, etc.  Got on the elevator at 7:00 PM and Hayes
is there.  No hello, just...."what was on the show today?".  I literally blanked and said "a whole bunch of stuff".  Next day the PD hauled me in to complain that Hayes was bitching that his hosts don't even remember their show content.  I smiled the day he carried his bankers box with his assistant carrying his office art out of 1 Dundas.

July 7, 2015 3:27 pm  #3

If shit was music, Hayes would be an orchestra.  Now I think of it, the two things I disliked most about him were his faces.

Miker wrote:

If you never worked for John Hayes, you're a lucky man! Gary Slaight was a mercurial maniac at times; butter wouldn't melt in Hayes' mouth. At least Gary has a spark of humanity.

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

July 7, 2015 11:33 pm  #4

during the first airing of "the history of howard stern" (edition 1), for a few days the howard 100 news breaks featured "shuli" interviewing moi about my thoughts on the stern show (as a fellow broadcaster and longtime stern show listener). it was split into 2 parts (during 2 consecutive days). needless to say, it was interesting receiving comments from my surprized friends who also listened to the special.
it's funny how they portrayed "pig virus" (it was changed to "pig vomit" for the movie) as hating stern's vulgar approach. i say this because i remember hearing "pig virus" (back in the day) filling in for howard (live on w nnnnnbc). there was a storm hitting nyc and pv said on air, "since this is the howard stern show, i'll describe the roads a being slicker than snot on a glass doorknob". ahhh, the things one remembers... now where did i put my keys?
meanwhile, i've heard many comments about "the incubus" and none of them have been good.

Last edited by the original hank (July 7, 2015 11:37 pm)