sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 27, 2017 9:19 am  #1

Stafford's absence noticed

Checked out Mike Stafford's Twitter to see what's up, and was able to glean the reason for his absence the middle and end of this week.

The big yellow board has many people who respect Stafford's radio chops, and enjoy his show, so I thought I would say, speaking for myself: Mike Stafford, thoughts and prayers sir, your return to the airwaves will be most welcome.

October 30, 2017 9:07 am  #2

Re: Stafford's absence noticed

Yep, Mike needs to TCB at home...difficult times
He is missed on the air - even my mom (76yrs) is wondering where he is

Come out to the coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs... 
~ John McClane

October 31, 2017 10:58 am  #3

To his great credit, Stafford dealt with the matter directly on air Tuesday morning, revealing that his troubled brother-in-law had committed suicide last week. In an emotional address just after 9:15 AM, Stafford was near tears as he related the troubled life of a troubled man. He struggled not to break down at some points as he talked about trying but ultimately being unable to help him.

His story about finding his relative's prized possessions laid out neatly on a table in his apartment was chilling.

And in true Stafford style, he couldn't resist reminding all broadcasting students that "there's no crying in radio."

All in all, a compelling hour and just what you'd expect from one of the masters of the medium.

I'm sure I speak for all on this board when l offer all our condolences.

October 31, 2017 8:15 pm  #4

I send my condolences too...I think Mike is a gem, I wish he and his family comfort in this sad time.

Cheers Mike!

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

November 1, 2017 12:23 pm  #5

What a week for Stafford. In the middle of his show Wednesday, all the phones went out, leaving a program that relies solely on callers without any.

I know it wan't fun for him, but honestly, once again his audio tap dancing was very entertaining.

This isn't the first time this has happened. Doesn't Corus ever pay its phone bill?