sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 21, 2017 10:26 pm  #31

Re: How Much Are You Paying For Those Mandatory Cable Services?

Old Codger wrote:

cGrant wrote:

I refuse to accept the notion that just because you feel slighted by a company, that gives you carte blanche to stiff them.

For over 41 years I have paid my cable and satellite bills in FULL.  I currently am receiving WAY below substandard service.  I have had it out with them umpteen times.  Their equipment either doesn't work and has to be replaced...by mail no less or I should what?..buy an antenna?.  And how is it that I am responsible for getting their crappy, malfunctioning item back to the post office so that they can mail it back to this outfit of misfits?   If I don't ... then I've BOUGHT the freekin' thing and they just tag it onto my bill, and then shut down my service...even though I've actually given them MORE cash than I currently owe them in real time for the services they're supposed to provide without FLAWS.   So far that's happened 3 times.  Wouldn't have happened once if their shit worked.

They offer a pitiful basic choice package that is actually better, larger and more diversified elsewhere in the same province where they also do business.  Here they lose their signal left, right and centre and sometimes the channels just don't work at all  But I get an on-screen note suggesting that it "should be available shortly".  Every time there's a hydro 'bump' let alone an outage it takes hours for them to get back up and running and almost none of the features we pay for are ready for use often for 1/2 the day or longer.  It's a joke.  It is the epitome of what is referred to in many a circle as "Mickey Mouse".

That's just some of what I put up with in order not to mess with my internet service and phone number.  It's an ongoing hassle that we, as a family, should NOT have to endure...at least not when we're PAYING for it... and, by and large, for 38 years didn't previously have to experience. 

In your world you call that progress do you?  Ya...you're selfish if you think that we or anyone else should not only have to chew and swallow that SHIT but also have to pay for it too.  Yet everyone who lives here rows the exact same boat.  I have no time for corporations which rip off their customers and treat their employees like disposable pieces of crap or when these supposed 'pros' are foisting THIS type of 'service' all across this area.  These are the ass-clowns who benefit financially from bringing in less expensive replacements for the folks who knew how to do the job.  Their stock holders should be warned and their 'bonus' money should be given to a local charity like the food bank 'cause they, sure as shootin', don't deserve it..  THAT B.S. drives up costs for everyone...and does so far more than my stiffing them ever would.  These 'wicks' are eating out of a trough which should have no place in the business world.  But you want me to support that with my money and kind words here in a forum which keeps an eye on exactly this kind of corporate do-do?

What a suck-up you are.  I'll have a chip on my shoulder the size of all outdoors for that kind of mismanagement and corporate failure forever... ... ...and a day.  You should too...but you're selfish.

I'm confused.  I thought it was supposed to millennials who were the whiny, non-ethical, entitled, self-righteous ones.

You're basically mimicking the feeble "excuse" Trump uses for not paying his contractors.

Don't want to deal with the business, then settle up your bill, close your account and move on.  Don't be a dead beat.

& to be clear, I'm much, much closer to being an "Old Codger" than a millennial.

October 21, 2017 11:38 pm  #32

Radiowiz wrote:

unclefester wrote:

And that's why your cable bill is so high...
Two kunts from Anytown Ontario beat Rogers and they're gonna' make it up a thousand fold...

Actually, my cable bill is insanely low. Too low. I'd like to pay ten or so dollars more for what I am getting, actually.

Phuck me...

October 22, 2017 8:05 pm  #33

so guys..how bout those Leafs? ;)

October 23, 2017 5:19 am  #34

unclefester wrote:

Phuck me...

Don't be jealous. I'm actually on a grandfathered Smartphone plan where I only have 500mb of data.
That's where they REALLY get me if I am not careful. It's very easy to go over.
(all smartphone plans with Rogers now start at a 1G minimum)

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

October 23, 2017 9:17 am  #35

Radiowiz wrote:

unclefester wrote:

Phuck me...

Don't be jealous. .

I certainly not jealous

I'd say I'm more concerned with your well being

October 24, 2017 12:36 am  #36

unclefester wrote:

I'd say I'm more concerned with your well being

I'm not conservative and I never will be.
I'm very proud of that and I always pay my bills on time.
I'm also very proud of myself for knowing how to work out a budget and actually pay for cable, unlike some people.
The Nextbox 3.0 is also well worth the cable bill, since I am currently on a package that is not charging the monthly $27.50 rental fee. 
It's great to be able to pause, and/or rewind live TV. Also great to be able to record two shows while watching a third on a third channel.
(the Nextbox 2.0 records two shows when you are not home but forces you to watch one or the other when you are home, if you want to watch TV...glad I don't have one of those!! lol) 

It's only getting expensive when I go over my data usage (a forced $10 even if I only used a few mb's) 
or if I go over my internet plan. (another forced $10)
I'm managing for now though, thanks. 
Hopefully when I renew my Rogers deals soon I'll get similar deals and my bill won't go too high without  having to cut something or drop anything.

Last edited by Radiowiz (October 24, 2017 12:48 am)

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.