Offline
I'm not a hockey fan, but I have to admit I was curious about the new guy behind the radio mic for the Toronto Maple Leafs.His name is Todd Crocker, the now former broadcaster for the Marlies, and the new voice of the city's storied NHL team.
He replaced Joe Bowen after an incredible 44 years, and regardless of what you think of the now retired play-by-play man, you have to admit, those are big shoes to fill. And while it's not entirely fair to compare the two after just one day, I think Crocker did an OK job amidst what was likely to be a nervous debut.
My one criticism is that he was a bit too calm - his call of the game lacked any excitement in his voice during the time I was listening, while if anything Bowen was guilty of too much yelling. Somewhere in between, I suspect, lies the perfect ratio.
But all in all, a good first effort for the debut game of what may be a long career in Toronto.
I'm curious if anyone else heard him and what you thought.