Offline
Brent Bambury has been with the Corporation for over 40 years, but listeners of his "Day 6" Saturday show won't be hearing him after October 24th. The veteran broadcaster has decided to retire after a long career in both TV and radio, including serving as the front man for the show that preceded "Day 6," a fairly entertaining program called "Go."
He also served as host of "Brave New Waves" for a decade, another CBC Radio constant.
There's no immediate word on a replacement or if "Day 6" will continue without him.
Brent Bambury retiring from CBC after more than four-decade career
Offline
He has had a decent career. I used to listen to Brave New Waves back in the 80s and for some reason, I thought it was out of Winnipeg, not that it matters. I would often tape the show and listen to to it on my way to work the next morning, good times! Happy retirement Mr. Bambury!