sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 24, 2026 3:08 pm  #1


What is the mandate of CBC radio

There has been a lot of talk here about what did not happen on CBC Radio Saturday morning. So what is the policy at CBC radio as it relates to breaking news anyway. I can't recall the last time CBC radio did anything outside of normal broadcast hours for breaking news.
I think this should be part of CBC radio programming when the Prime Minister or a Premier speaks. Not every news conference but on the big issues they should cover it live.

If we miss out on our favorite pre recorded show, I am okay with this because some things are more important.

 

August 24, 2026 4:32 pm  #2


Re: What is the mandate of CBC radio

Aytononline wrote:

If we miss out on our favorite pre recorded show, I am okay with this because some things are more important.

Plus almost everything they air can be revisited in podcast form online. So no excuse on that count.