sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 21, 2026 7:45 am  #1


CBC/APTN Pulls Prank Show?

Northland Tales, a CBC/APTN co-pro series has come under fire. This new series basically pranks their guests, authors, academics etc., but crossed a line when they allegedly pranked and pretty much insulted a group of Mounties. I am not a huge fan of prank shows, (Candid Camera is as far as they should take it IMO!), but this does not look good on either broadcaster. I get the feeling it will not see the light of day, and probably that’s not a bad thing. Our tax dollars in action.

https://share.google/HmIlRWD6V4nTTOhjj

Last edited by Shorty Wave (May 21, 2026 10:02 am)

 

May 22, 2026 10:09 pm  #2


Re: CBC/APTN Pulls Prank Show?

Everything I've heard about this suggests it was in poor taste, to say the least.  I agree it would be better off never seeing the light of day if it's as bad as it's said to be.

 

May 23, 2026 8:02 am  #3


Re: CBC/APTN Pulls Prank Show?

Plate Voltage wrote:

Everything I've heard about this suggests it was in poor taste, to say the least.  I agree it would be better off never seeing the light of day if it's as bad as it's said to be.

 
I think you’re right Plate Voltage. It got a fair amount of media attention yesterday and a few more details came out, not good ones either. Surprises me that the CBC and APTN would make this misjudgement, which will end up wasting money, our money in one case.

     •Thread Starter