sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 15, 2026 9:54 am  #1


Did Someone Deliberately Poison The Canine Star Of Hudson & Rex?

A very bizarre story in the Toronto Star contains a stranger-than-fiction accusation against a crew member of City TV's successful "Hudson & Rex."

‘Hudson & Rex’: Inside the real-life dog poisoning mystery roiling Canada’s beloved detective show

 

January 15, 2026 11:33 am  #2


Re: Did Someone Deliberately Poison The Canine Star Of Hudson & Rex?

The T.Star states the linked article is exclusive to subscribers.

The Wikipedia entry offersthis linkdealing with the star's passing.
Which worked for all of 5 seconds until it too was deemed for subs only.
A Google search provided a link to the St. Catherines Standard - it also came up "sub only".

It seems there is no way to read about this breaking story unless one pays up.

 

January 15, 2026 12:08 pm  #3


Re: Did Someone Deliberately Poison The Canine Star Of Hudson & Rex?

Are you sure it's not working? I used Archive.ph for the link (it was already there) and just tried it on a private browser, so it would not be signed in to anything. It worked just fine. I can only say try it again and scroll down the page a bit to see if it's there. 

     •Thread Starter
 

January 15, 2026 1:15 pm  #4


Re: Did Someone Deliberately Poison The Canine Star Of Hudson & Rex?

RadioActive wrote:

Are you sure it's not working? I used Archive.ph for the link (it was already there) and just tried it on a private browser, so it would not be signed in to anything. It worked just fine. I can only say try it again and scroll down the page a bit to see if it's there. 

It seems to be working for me. When in doubt, try Google chrome incognito mode...


CityNews 24/7: https://toronto.citynews.ca/video/
RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

 
 

January 15, 2026 6:34 pm  #5


Re: Did Someone Deliberately Poison The Canine Star Of Hudson & Rex?

Radiowiz wrote:

RadioActive wrote:

Are you sure it's not working? I used Archive.ph for the link (it was already there) and just tried it on a private browser, so it would not be signed in to anything. It worked just fine. I can only say try it again and scroll down the page a bit to see if it's there. 

It seems to be working for me. When in doubt, try Google chrome incognito mode...

I never would have thought to try incognito mode - but it in fact worked!

Thanks all.