sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 23, 2017 1:43 pm  #1


All Shurman, all the time!

Former 1010 talker Peter Shurman is in for Cutrara this week, and says that over the Summer, he'll be in for Tasha, Stafford and god-knows who else.  He's a capable host, and a good fill-in IMO.  Hopefully, he won't start doing Frank Leo spots...

 

June 23, 2017 2:11 pm  #2


Re: All Shurman, all the time!

Charlie wrote:

Hopefully, he won't start doing Frank Leo spots...

Or Tom's or my pillow, 310reno, the endless employment lawyers, gold traders, or.......

Btw, in the time it took for you to read this post, frank leo sold 73 homes (all over-asking), cured cancer, walked on water, taught Tom how to speak English and challenged Gordon Ramsay to a swear-off contest.

 

June 23, 2017 2:35 pm  #3


Re: All Shurman, all the time!

cGrant wrote:

Charlie wrote:

Hopefully, he won't start doing Frank Leo spots...

Or Tom's or my pillow, 310reno, the endless employment lawyers, gold traders, or.......

Btw, in the time it took for you to read this post, frank leo sold 73 homes (all over-asking), cured cancer, walked on water, taught Tom how to speak English and challenged Gordon Ramsay to a swear-off contest.

Come on, don't be ridiculous.  'Taught Tom how to speak English'?  The guy is a realtor, not a miracle-worker! (With all due respect to Tom, whose English really isn't all that bad at all.)

Last edited by Charlie (June 23, 2017 2:37 pm)

     Thread Starter
 

June 23, 2017 2:49 pm  #4


Re: All Shurman, all the time!

Charlie wrote:

Come on, don't be ridiculous.  'Taught Tom how to speak English'?  The guy is a realtor, not a miracle-worker!

I disagree... With the way Stafford, Oakley, Agar and the miriad of other shills describe him, Mr. Leo is miraculous. Frankie could cure a three-legged horse in time to win at woodbine and then still teach that very same animal how to make cheaper men's suits and sell them at all the abandoned omni locations all whilst successfully teaching English as a second language to mute hill-people covered in used gold.

 

June 23, 2017 5:47 pm  #5


Re: All Shurman, all the time!

Peter Shurman's nickname in markham-thornhill is "Mike Duffy"

 

June 23, 2017 5:51 pm  #6


Re: All Shurman, all the time!

Kilgore wrote:

Peter Shurman's nickname in markham-thornhill is "Mike Duffy"

Ouch!  That's cruel!
 

     Thread Starter
 

June 24, 2017 6:42 am  #7


Re: All Shurman, all the time!

Charlie wrote:

Kilgore wrote:

Peter Shurman's nickname in markham-thornhill is "Mike Duffy"

Ouch!  That's cruel!
 

sincere apologies, to Mike Duffy
 

 

June 24, 2017 8:02 am  #8


Re: All Shurman, all the time!

Sometimes, posters on here can be real assholes who have no idea of the facts.  Peter Shurman moved from his provincial riding in Thornhill to Niagara-On-The-Lake and received permission from then provincial Conservative leader Tim Hudak to bill accordingly for living 100 miles from Queens Park.  There were also a lot of political double dealing that went on at Queen's Park, and not by Peter.  Calling someone a name he doesn't deserve is childish and moronic and shows the sort of person you are.   

I know Peter Shurman personally (and have worked with him).  He is an ethical man and is NOTHING like Mike Duffy.
So have your laughs if you must, but get the facts first.  
 

Last edited by Doug Thompson (June 24, 2017 8:37 am)

 

June 24, 2017 11:09 am  #9


Re: All Shurman, all the time!

Doug Thompson wrote:

 
So have your laughs if you must, but get the facts first.  
 

The fact is that while he told Hudak, constituents didn't know until it was disclosed by (of all sources) the Toronto Star
 

 

June 24, 2017 1:41 pm  #10


Re: All Shurman, all the time!

I'm okay with Shurman sitting in for the inevitable holidays. Its better than two hosts having to do a 3 hour show instead of two to make up for this missing person. In the past Ryan would get pinched from the Stafford Show as a sub, I guess that option is off the table.

 

June 24, 2017 1:43 pm  #11


Re: All Shurman, all the time!

tc143 wrote:

I'm okay with Shurman sitting in for the inevitable holidays. Its better than two hosts having to do a 3 hour show instead of two to make up for this missing person. In the past Ryan would get pinched from the Stafford Show as a sub, I guess that option is off the table.

Thankfully.
 

     Thread Starter
 

June 24, 2017 11:53 pm  #12


Re: All Shurman, all the time!

I'm not getting into a debate with you Kilgore, you're obviously anti Shurman.  The fact is:  Peter kept his Thornhill riding office in Thornhill in the mall where the Centre Street Deli is located....and since you brought up the Toronto Star, this is from the TorStar Tuesday September 10, 2013 edition.

"Embattled Progressive Conservative MPP Peter Shurman wanted to run in Niagara Falls in the 2011 election, but Tory Leader Tim Hudak urged him to remain in Thornhill to save that seat, the Star has learned.Shurman — whom Hudak fired as finance critic Sunday because the Thornhill MPP lives in Niagara-on-the-Lake and collects living expenses for an apartment in Toronto — had hoped to take the riding from Liberal Kim Craitor.But four senior Conservative sources said the leader was worried the Liberals would win Thornhill without Shurman and pleaded with the popular incumbent to remain there, even though Hudak knew he was living in the Niagara region by then.“Tim was adamant we couldn’t win Thornhill without Shurman and he wouldn’t even entertain it,” said a Tory insider, speaking on condition of anonymity to discuss internal deliberations."

Last edited by Doug Thompson (June 24, 2017 11:54 pm)

 

June 25, 2017 6:19 am  #13


Re: All Shurman, all the time!

Doug Thompson wrote:

 you're obviously anti Shurman  

On the contrary, the man was well-respected 'til he pulled this trick


 
 

 

June 25, 2017 7:27 am  #14


Re: All Shurman, all the time!

All things considered, I'd still rather listen to Shurman than Tim Hudak.  Every time I hear him blather on while on one of 1010's endless 'panels', it reminds me of his incompetence in 2 straight election losses that stuck us with McGuinty and Wynne far longer than we needed to be.

     Thread Starter
 

June 25, 2017 9:00 am  #15


Re: All Shurman, all the time!

Personal attacks on a person's character are low and dirty by weaselly outcasts that reside in pastures in surrounded by their own excrement.  Show some class pasture people.  I hope those mis-characterizing Peter were axed by Peter- a sign of prudent judgment.
I worked with Peter.  Although abrasive, I know him to be ethical and honourable.  Thankfully, those who could be accused of libel and/or slander are nowhere near a hot mic switch.  A sharp litigator needs to review the merits of responding to these personal attacks.  Stay in your pastures.

 

 

June 25, 2017 10:16 am  #16


Re: All Shurman, all the time!

It's hardly libellous to agree with Kilgore that Shurman lost a lot of respect when his end-run around the expense rules came out.  He was obviously exploiting a loophole that existed because no one believed anyone would try this.  And no, we're not talking Mike Duffy territory here.  Speaking as a Thornhill resident, I don't think Peter needed the extra expense money that desperately.  And, Tim Hudak handled all of this very poorly so there's plenty of blame to go around.  None of this takes away from the fair comments here that Shurman is good on air, and that he was a good boss and colleague.